LSSA presentation at Legalex 2018
At the recent Legalex exhibition the chair of the LSSA, Julian Bryan, chaired a panel made up of representatives of three LSSA member companies: Brighter Law, easy convey and Insight Legal. Julian gave a short introduction to the LSSA and then chaired a Q&A session with the panel answering questions from the audience.
Here are some slides from Julian’s introduction, some of the questions from the session and images of the session at London’s Excel exhibition centre.
- To set legal industry software standards
- Communication channel
- Interface to statutory organisations – LAA, MoJ, HMRC, land Registry, SRA, Law Society
- Promote software, apps, and service uptake in profession
- Uphold professional and ethical standards – eg data
- Source of statistical data for industry
Our target members are those whose organisation or business unit’s primary purpose is the provision of software of software-based online services for legal service providers, as principal or sole distributor.
- Primarily software of service supplier to legal sector
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct
- Provide protection for firms – e.g. PI insturance, ESCROW
- Recognise need for data mobility
- Not bring LSSA in to disrepute
- Pay membership fees!
Choosing software – what to consider
- Socio economic and lifestyle factors
- Selection criteria – functional requirements, beauty parade, recommendations
- Data location and accessibility – on premise, cloud, geography
- Data: your asset your responsibility
- Setup costs, running costs, exit costs
- Support process and mechanics
- What will be the impact of AI and robotics on our profession?
- What’s on your checklist when considering a replacement software system?
- How can software make conveyancing less stressful for the consumer?
- Cyber crime – fact or fiction? | Novichoks | Facebook
- How do I choose a software supplier?